Job Description for Teachers
Provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Meet “highly qualified” standards.
- Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and subject area of assignment (required for ESL/Bilingual, SPED and preferred for other subjects).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in unity with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of the students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refer students for evaluation by district specialists as required.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Make provisions for being available to the students and the parents for education-related purposes when required.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Participate in staff development activities assigned by the Principal.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members.
- Prepare and submit lesson plans in a timely manner in the platform the school utilizes.
- Maintain a minimum number of grades in the grade book in a timely manner.
- Meet the mentor teacher regularly (if new teacher).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to organize special programs for the assigned campus.
- Ability to use a computer including software, database used by the district, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
- Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
- The position is in a classroom and requires intermittent speaking, standing, walking and writing.
- Moderate travel is required.
How to install via FTP?
No more wasting time of switching between backend and frontend. Instancely check your site while editing.