Job Description for Secretary
Provides administrative/clerical support for the administrators in the areas of clerical work, enrollment, payroll, correspondence, report preparation, inventory management, budget maintenance, public relations, and information dissemination.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years of experience as a secretary is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and school related issues. Communicates with other building administrators and staff per principal directive.
• Coordinates office operations among staff members.
• Resolves most questions and problems, and refers the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Receipt, deposit and disburse internal account funds.
• Assist in preparing purchase orders for all purchases made through school budgeted funds.
• Provides assistance to students, parents, teachers, and visitors.
• Writes permits for students.
• Orders supply for classroom teachers.
• Disseminates and maintains office supplies and materials.
• Prepares and submits payment for purchases as required.
• Prepares and submits all reports as required.
• Assist with payroll as required.
• Responsible, at the direction of the Principal, for calling substitute teachers.
• Performs the usual office routines and practices associated with a busy, productive and smoothly run office.
• Maintain records of both students and staff, as required.
• Use effective, positive interpersonal communication skills.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Ability to organize special programs for assigned campus.
• Ability to use computer including software, database used by the school, spreadsheet and word processing software, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to use effective interview techniques, effective public speaking skills, and problem-solving skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Light Work: may require occasional light lifting.
• Nights and weekend activities will be occasionally required.
• Position is in office setting and may involve prolonged work at a desk in one location.
• Moderate travel is required.